The association is dedicated to:
– Raising awareness about FASD (FAS,pFAS,ARND,ARBD).
– Helping to reduce the incidence of birth defects and neurological damage caused by prenatal exposure to alcohol.
– Supporting families, carers and individuals, struggling with the lifelong disabilities associated with FASD, by providing information.
– Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders is the leading known cause of intellectual learning disabilities.
– Most individuals with FASD have normal intelligence.
– FASD causes serious social and behaviour problems.
– No amount of alcohol is known to be safe during pregnancy.
– Alcohol causes more damage to baby than any other drug.
– Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders are preventable