Claiming Home Carer Tax Credit

Use myAccount to claim the Home Carer Tax Credit for the current year. Alternatively, you can complete the Home Carer Tax Credit claim form. You can then post this form to your Revenue office.

If you pay tax under the self-assessed system, the tax credit is claimed by completing the Home Carer section on your annual tax return.

Time limit for repayment of claims

You must claim within four years after the end of the tax year to which the claim relates.

You must have paid Income Tax during the year of your claim in order to receive a repayment. If you owe Income Tax to Revenue for an earlier year, your repayment may be reduced by this amount.

Share This Post

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email