What the Workplace Equipment Adaptation Grant is
This grant is designed for people with a disability who’ve been offered employment, or are about to be re-deployed, promoted or become self-employed.
If any of these changes means a more accessible or adapted workplace is required for you to do your job, your employer may get a grant towards the costs.
- minor modifications such as ramps or toilets
- alarm systems with flashing lights
- equipment adaptation, such as voice synthesizers for computers or amplifiers for telephones
You or your employer can apply for this grant if you:
- have been offered employment or an apprenticeship in the private sector and require adaptations to equipment or premises to undertake duties
- are employed in the private sector, have recently changed jobs as a result of re-deployment or promotion, and require adaptations to equipment or premises to undertake the duties required
- have acquired a disability whilst in employment, or have a condition that has deteriorated, and require adaptations to equipment or premises in order to retain your employment
- are about to become self-employed and require adaptations to your working premises or equipment
Your employer can contact your local Intreo Office to obtain application forms or download them here:
Application Form – Part 1: Workplace Equipment Adaption Grant (WEAG)
Completed Forms should be sent to your local Intreo Centre. If you know the name of the Case Officer dealing with your application please address the application to him or her.Download
Application Form – Part 2: Workplace Equipment Adaption Grant (WEAG)
The second part of the application for the Reasonable Accommodation Grant Application.Download
Applicants must identify the changes required, and submit medical evidence that the adaptation is necessary in order to retain employment.
In the case of workplace adaptations, plans should accompany the proposals and a timescale for completing the work should be indicated.
A Case Officer from the department meets the applicant to review the application. The department pays a grant to the applicant to cover the costs agreed.
If the total amount claimed is:
- under €700, one quotation should be submitted
- over €700 and under €1,500 two quotations should be submitted
- over €1,500 three quotations should be submitted
Workplace Supports Contact List
For more information, please contact your local AP. <vs>Download