The Irish ME/CFS Association, through our various activities and awareness campaigns, strives to improve the situation for people with ME/CFS and to give them information to empower themselves. The group, which has been run by volunteers for over two decades, has approximately 300 members, from the estimated 10,000-19,000 people with the illness in the Rep. of Ireland. The prevalence figures are based on data from other countries which also found that many people with the illness unfortunately have not been diagnosed.
Our aim is:
– To offer support for sufferers and carers
– To provide information
– To promote greater understanding and awareness of ME/CFS in the general public, medical profession and other related services
– To raise money for research
Our activities include:
– Regular meetings (usually with a guest speaker)
– Quarterly newsletters (with information from around the world)
– Information helpline and telephone support network
– Awareness-raising (especially through the media)
– Advocacy, fundraising for research and other services, etc.
Various magazines on M.E. are available on loan to members. CDs & DVDs of various talks are available to buy.