Access & Disability Office
Mary Immaculate College is committed to widening participation and achieving equity of access to higher education for students from under-represented groups in third level, including socio-economically disadvantaged students, students with a disability, students from minority backgrounds and mature students.
Overview of Access Services:
- Pre-Entry: Advice and Information for prospective students on Access issues.
- Pre-Entry: Applying for a Language Exemption – please click here for further information.
- Daily Drop-in Support: Personal support for students facilitated by an open door policy. Information, advice and advocacy assistance provided where appropriate. Provision of College-related practical supports.
- Needs Assessments for Learners with disabilities, specific learning difficulties and long term medical conditions to determine the supports and assistance required to enable student(s) reach their academic potential.
- Financial assistance: Information on the Student Assistance Fund and other sources of financial assistance available to eligible students to help with costs of attending college.
The Access & Disability Office is located in Room G01, situated on the ground floor of the Foundation Building, and is open from 9.30am-12.30pm and 2-4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
We are currently working remotely. Please email: AccessOffice@mic.ul.ie for assistance with your query.
Paula Hourigan, Senior Academic Administrator, is the first point of contact on the Thurles campus, and can be reached by email Paula.Hourigan@mic.ul.ie. Her office is P122 on the first floor of the main building.