If they’re part of the family, they can be part of the holiday! With a range of options available, we can carry your beloved pet safely and ensure that its handled with care.
Flights within Europe
Flights within Europe
When travelling within Europe, the following guidelines apply:
- Pets must be booked on the flight through a pet agent.
- Animals presented for travel at passenger check-in won’t be accepted under any circumstances.
On Aer Lingus Regional flights, the following guidelines apply:
- Only domestic cats, dogs and ferrets will be accepted for carriage on Aer Lingus Regional operated flights. Pets will not be carried on flights to and from Ireland and Jersey or Rennes.
- At the time of booking, you must contact us if you plan to travel with a pet.
- Carriage is permitted only with the animal owner’s acknowledgement that there may be risks to the health or welfare of their animal caused by the reaction of an animal to flying.
- The owner’s acknowledgement of this is confirmed by booking and presenting their animal for a flight.
- Pets must be presented for carriage in their own individual crate which must be durable leak proof, ventilated on all sides including the door and strong enough to prevent the pet from escaping. Soft shell crates are not permitted.
- The maximum crate dimensions permitted are 21in/53cm high x 22in/56cm wide x 50in/127cm long. If the maximum dimensions are exceeded, the animal will not be approved for travel.
- Aer Lingus Regional reserve the right to refuse to carry an animal up to and including the scheduled departure time.
Customers are responsible for ensuring they have the correct documentation and vaccinations for their pets prior to travel.
Additional information can be found at:
Please note:If you didn’t book online, please contact us in order to book an animal in advance.
- All suitably harnessed assistance dogs can travel in the passenger cabin for free.
- Separate processes apply for passengers travelling with service animals.
- We cannot accept any of the restricted breeds of dog for carriage in either the cabin or hold as assistance dogs or otherwise.
- Please contact us at least 48 hours before you travel.
- On flights from Ireland to the USA, you MUST provide advance notice of your intention to bring your service dog into Ireland to the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, at least 24 hours before your departure time.