- Thinking Jobs is a Not for Profit specialist recruitment agency tasked specifically with getting a significant number of adults with Disabilities into sustainable and long term employment. .
- We are not looking for Charity or for Sympathy. We are looking for the opportunity to deliver a very high quality commercial service to meet a real commercial need.
- Provide Benefits to Employees through Increased Self Esteem, Mental Health & Independence.
- Provide Benefits to the larger society and local communities in the short and long term.
- The Irish Census 2016 showed:
- That 66,611 people or 1.4% of the population suffered from an intellectual disability.
- Only 29% of working age adults across all disabilities are in employment
- Of 104,609 people with a disability at work, only 5,200 are people with an intellectual disability (5%).
- Can’t Do the Job as Well
- It would be great to offer a job if we could afford to
- Can do the Job as well as, or better than an adult without a disability
- Less Absenteeism
- Better Staff Retention
- Safer – follow process 100%
- Intangible Feel Good Factor
- Identify the barriers to employment, real or perceived, for both employees and employers.
- Identify suitable Employees by developing a Skills Assessment mechanism which will determine relevant strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify Employers with real commercial jobs that are available which are suitable
- Match the Capabilities of Employee to the Employers requirement.
- Provide pre-employment training to Employee and Employer as well as reviewing adaptation needs, both physical and in work practices.
- Provide on-going support for Employees & Employers by use of Job Mentors. This is a layer of support available to both parties that allows both parties to reach out for help and support immediately a problem arises and therefore prevent issues spiralling out of control.
Can it be Done – YES
- Walgreens is the largest drug store chain in the US. Throughout their 20 distribution centres, up to 35% of their workforce have disabilities.
- Thinking Toys have already very successfully run a trial for 2 adults.
Why Thinking Jobs
- Emphasis on Intellectual Disability
- Emphasis on Person Centred Approach
- Thinking Jobs is focusing on Person Centred Approach which ensures the employees with intellectual disabilities have a direct involvement in their employment decisions.
- Thinking Jobs will help support employment decisions and provide a happy employee and a quality service to employer.
- Focus on Ability – Thinking Jobs focuses on the abilities of each person and not the disability.
- Set up meetings with Randy Lewis and Walgreens in the US to be informed on their successful approach and determine a suitable manner of implementing in Ireland
- Liaise with other service providers throughout Ireland who have successfully or unsuccessfully considered methodologies re employment of Adults with Disabilities
- Identify a suitable corporate partner to run a Pilot Programme to show that there are real benefits for all parties in providing adults with disabilities with real, commercial jobs.