Long Term Illness Scheme:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/drugs_and_medicines/long_term_illness_scheme.html People suffering from certain conditions can get free drugs, medicines and medical and surgical appliances for the treatment of that condition. These are provided under the Long Term Illness Scheme. This scheme is administered by the Health Service Executive (HSE), under Section 59 of the Health Act 1970. The Long

Treatment Benefit Scheme:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/treatment_benefit_scheme.html The Treatment Benefit Scheme is run by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) and provides dental, optical and aural services to qualified people. The Treatment Benefit Scheme is available to insured workers, the self-employed and retired people who have the required number of PRSI contributions. Under the

Free Nappy Scheme:

https://www.lrpsychologyservices.com/free-nappy-scheme This arrangement is hard to get information on and seems to vary from county to county. The main benefit is parents can get nappies for free if they have a child with special needs. You can only access the scheme when your child reaches the age of 3 or

Guide Dog Allowance

Guide Dog Allowance: Guide Dog Allowance If you are blind or visually impaired, you can claim a tax credit if you own a trained guide dog. You can also claim the Blind Person’s Tax Credit. The Guide Dog Allowance is an annual allowance of €825 at the standard rate (equal to a credit

Long-Stay Contribution

Long-Stay Contribution: If your accommodation or your daily living costs are provided by the Health Service Executive (HSE), or by another provider on behalf of the HSE, you may pay a Long-Stay Contribution towards these costs. From 1 January 2017, long-stay charges are replaced by Long-Stay Contributions. Where long-stay charges

Disability Parking Card

Disability Parking Card: Disabled Person’s Parking Permits or Cards (also known as European Parking Cards or Disabled Parking Badge) are available to people living in Ireland with certain disabilities and those who are registered blind, whether they are drivers or passengers. The parking card can be used by a disabled

Tax Relief on the Costs of Employing a Home Carer

Tax relief on the costs of employing a home carer You can claim tax relief on the cost of employing a carer either if you employ one for yourself, or for another family member. You can employ the carer directly or you can use an agency that employs carers. If

Home Carer Tax Credit

Home Carer Tax Credit: A Home Carer Tax Credit is a tax credit given to married couples or civil partners (who are jointly assessed for tax) where one spouse or civil partner works in the home caring for a dependent person. The tax you are liable to pay is calculated

Tax Relief for Drivers and Passengers with Disabilities

Tax relief for Drivers and Passengers with Disabilities: The Disabled Drivers and Disabled Passengers Scheme provides a range of tax reliefs linked to the purchase and use of specially constructed or adapted vehicles by drivers and passengers with a disability. The rules of the scheme are set out in the

Incapacitated Child Tax Credit

Incapacitated Child Tax Credit: You can claim an Incapacitated Child Tax Credit if you are the parent or guardian of a child who is permanently incapacitated, either physically or mentally and Became so before reaching 21 years of age or Becomes permanently incapacitated after reaching the age of 21, but while