Dependent Relative Tax Credit

Dependent Relative Tax Credit: If you are caring for a dependent relative you may qualify for the Dependent Relative Tax Credit. Rules You can claim Dependent Relative Tax Credit if you maintain at your own expense: A relative, including a relative of your spouse or civil partner, who is unable

Exceptional Needs Payments

Urgent Needs Payments: Urgent Needs Payments are payments under the Supplementary Welfare Allowance Scheme. You do not have to meet the habitual residence condition to qualify for an urgent needs payment. Rules An Urgent Needs Payment may be paid to people in emergency situations. For example, in the case of a fire,

Telephone Support Allowance

Telephone Support Allowance: A new payment, the Telephone Support Allowance (TSA), was announced during Budget 2018 and comes into effect the week commencing 4 June 2018. Those eligible to receive this payment, which is worth €2.50 a week, will receive a letter from the Department before 4 June to confirm

Partial Capacity Benefit

Partial Capacity Benefit: Partial Capacity Benefit is a social welfare scheme which allows you to return to work or self-employment (if you have reduced capacity to work) and continue to receive a payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. If you have been getting Illness Benefit (for

Living Alone Increase

Living Alone Increase: The Living Alone Increase is an extra payment for people on social welfare payments who are living alone. Rules If you are 66 years or over and live alone, you will qualify if you are getting one of the following payments State Pension (Contributory) State Pension (Non-Contributory)

Invalidity Pension

Invalidity Pension General Information: The Invalidity Pension is a weekly payment given to people who cannot work due to a long-term illness or disability and are covered by social insurance (PRSI). At the age of 66, you transfer automatically to the state pension at the full rate. The invalidity pension is taxable, and

Illness Benefit

Illness Benefit: Introduction You may get Illness Benefit from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) if you cannot work because you are sick or ill. You must be aged under 66, covered by the appropriate class of social insurance (PRSI) and satisfy the PRSI conditions. Illness Benefit is not linked to

Rent Supplement

Rent Supplement: Rent Supplement is a means-tested payment for certain people living in private rented accommodation who cannot provide for the cost of their accommodation from their own resources. In the past, you could apply for Rent Supplement if you were qualified for social housing support and were on the

Household Benefits Package

Household Benefits Package: The Household Benefits Package is a package of allowances which help you with the costs of running your household. The package is available to everyone aged over 70 and to people under age 70 in certain circumstances. You must be legally resident and living permanently in the

Domiciliary Care Allowance

Domiciliary Care Allowance: Domiciliary Care Allowance (DCA) is a monthly payment for a child aged under 16 with a severe disability, who requires ongoing care and attention, substantially over and above the care and attention usually required by a child of the same age. It is not means tested. You